Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whisky!
I’m a self-proclaimed whisky connoisseur and investment guru. 

Been investing in whisky (Scotch and Japanese single malts) bottles, for several years now and can advice anyone interested in starting a whisky collection as part of their investment portfolio. 

-       What to look for/what to avoid
-       How to check you’re not paying over the odds
-       How to store your bottles at home
-       When and how to sell in order to maximise gains (from UK perspective)

Alternatively, if you just want advice on a really good bottle of Scotch to buy then I’m your Huckleberry
(10-18-2019, 05:50 PM)Whiskychaser Wrote: I’m a self-proclaimed whisky connoisseur and investment guru. 

Been investing in whisky (Scotch and Japanese single malts) bottles, for several years now and can advice anyone interested in starting a whisky collection as part of their investment portfolio. 

Alternatively, if you just want advice on a really good bottle of Scotch to buy then I’m your Huckleberry

That is fascinating to me. I literally had no idea you could invest in Whisky.  My "investment" knowledge extends to Peter Schiff, Jim Rogers and an expectation that it's all going to come crashing down in the next few years due to QE / overloaded debt and the low interest rate environment.
Oh, and houses in the UK only ever go up.
Do you actually want to make progress with your goals : aesthetic, business, women, fitness?  Check out the Secret Society VIP Members Club.
Check it out
It would be really cool if you created a Whiskey Investment Guide. You could even make an ebook product on it.

One question I have is about transporting the whiskey. I currently live in Japan. If I were to buy whiskey, ideally I'd want to ship it to my family in California to keep it safe (as I'll be moving around) and to sell it there when the time is right (I'm assuming selling Japanese whiskey outside of Japan would be more profitable).

How would one safely transport the whiskey? Also, would there be a specific service you use if you were to ship it overseas?
(10-18-2019, 06:00 PM)SteveJabba Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 05:50 PM)Whiskychaser Wrote: I’m a self-proclaimed whisky connoisseur and investment guru. 

That is fascinating to me. I literally had no idea you could invest in Whisky.  My "investment" knowledge extends to Peter Schiff, Jim Rogers and an expectation that it's all going to come crashing down in the next few years due to QE / overloaded debt and the low interest rate environment.
I disagree. High-end alcohol in a failing global economy will become more valuable over time. Demand will increase on the cheap stuff making the good stuff more sought after in the long run. Especially if the high-end makers go out of business.
(10-20-2019, 07:27 AM)Siggy Light Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 06:00 PM)SteveJabba Wrote:

I disagree. High-end alcohol in a failing global economy will become more valuable over time. Demand will increase on the cheap stuff making the good stuff more sought after in the long run. Especially if the high-end makers go out of business.
I know that Bullion Vault had a big push to invest in whisky especially if you don't want the physical product. Don't actually know the profits involved but hear good things