Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wingmen who are noobs
What do you experienced guys think about daygaming with noobs?

I went out with a noob once and I got absolutely nothing out of hitting the streets with him. He slowed me down because I had to show him what he was doing wrong. He would take my sets. Hitting the streets with a noob was a real drag.

I then proposed that we just sit outside looking for sets when traffic was slow so that way at least I could have some company while waiting for sets and I figured that would outweigh the drawbacks of going out with a noob, but he refused.

I try meeting new wingmen but they are mostly noobs. I couldn't help but to wonder if there is something you can do with noobs.

Thoughts?
Perhaps lay down some rules of going out with you before you meet?
There are rules for noobs? Please do share.
(01-13-2020, 04:12 AM)Lufiend Wrote: There are rules for noobs? Please do share.
He's saying you should develop some.  EG

Nominate the girl 
Equal approaching rights eg 1 guy doesn't get to have 1st dibs on every girl
Don't stand gawping whilst in set
Stop talking about game

And so on.
Do you actually want to make progress with your goals : aesthetic, business, women, fitness?  Check out the Secret Society VIP Members Club.
Check it out
Ah, I see what you mean, just the regular wingman ground rules.

I think I was unclear before, sorry about that. What I was trying to say was that I think it is beneficial having experienced wingmen on the streets with you because the feedback you get outweighs the drawback that you'd have to share sets. But with noobs you get zero feedback so it felt like I got all the drawbacks plus the noob would slow you down all for very little to no benefit.

I was just trying to figure out how I could change the math so that I could have the benefits from a noob outweigh the drawbacks.
(01-13-2020, 06:25 PM)Lufiend Wrote: Ah, I see what you mean, just the regular wingman ground rules.

I think I was unclear before, sorry about that. What I was trying to say was that I think it is beneficial having experienced wingmen on the streets with you because the feedback you get outweighs the drawback that you'd have to share sets. But with noobs you get zero feedback so it felt like I got all the drawbacks plus the noob would slow you down all for very little to no benefit.

I was just trying to figure out how I could change the math so that I could have the benefits from a noob outweigh the drawbacks.

Most important requirement with someone you go out to "game" with, is if you enjoy their company and can have a laugh.  Also, being an "experienced" daygamer doesn't necessarily mean you're any good.  This may sound a bit trite, but you can learn a lot by helping others.  All you seem to be interested in, is what you can take.
For me its, don't try to wing me in set unless I invite you FFS. I don't care how many girls are in the group. If I wanted you're help, I would have asked you. I think that's the only rule really where people can fuck up your approaches. Likewise if you're expecting me to wing you then tell me who you're about to approach. Don't just go ahead and open and not tell me.

Don't gawp or scope out the area is an another obvious rule. It's not subtle, even in a club. It's also good to go out with guys that are on the same level as you too I find.
(01-13-2020, 10:20 PM)HaveACuppaTea Wrote: Most important requirement with someone you go out to "game" with, is if you enjoy their company and can have a laugh.  Also, being an "experienced" daygamer doesn't necessarily mean you're any good.  This may sound a bit trite, but you can learn a lot by helping others.  All you seem to be interested in, is what you can take.

Experience is no guarantee of being good, but at the same time being a noob is a virtual guarantee they'll have beginner game.

I am definitely interested in what value a wingman would offer me - I'm not running a daygame charity (although I do volunteer work in community service, but I digress). But at the same time what value I can get is not the only thing I am interested in. I think the best wingmanships are those where both wingmen benefit from the wingmanship and is not one-way.

My best wingmen were the ones where we would swap tips, strategies, techniques, and feedback on the street and then oftentimes afterwards go for drinks, laughs, and good vibes. On the other hand, my outing with the noob was just beneficial one-way towards the noob. Furthermore there is about a 95% chance the noob will quit so the chances are good you may just be wasting your time.[1] It is entirely reasonable to want the former and avoid the latter.

Hence the reason for my posting - to see if there is a way to make a noob wingman beneficial both ways rather than mainly one way towards the noob.

1. I gathered data from a find a wingman page where posters had to put on the number of sets they did. According to the data ~90% of noobs will quit before 200 sets and ~95% of noobs will quit before 1,000 sets.
Well, I guess what you mean. You just don't wannt to be frustrated by anything anytime. I'm trying to look at all interacrions as benefitial for me no matter positive or negative outcome. I have some kind of teacher mind and patience, so its easy to just see someones mistakes and look at this every time as some kind of reminder of how you were back in a days, or how can you end up if you quit.

Maby its just wehn you have a lots of experience you are just bored of repeating the same schame one time after another?
First of all I have to honestly say that I haven't had much wings, mostly just friends who I went out with and met women through drinking and having fun. 

My experience is that it's much more about the character of the wing than his experience. I have friends who are very dear to me, great with girls, and we went out for a million times, but they make terrible wings. They just can't help dominating everyone and everything and screw things up in a spectacular fashion, or simply get drunk and destroy everything for the fun of destruction. One of them will openly say that he's sorry, he just enjoys being a cunt too much.

On the other hand, some noob who is humble and grateful for you to help him out with approaching women might be very helpful.
Ach.. Enjoying of beeing cunt.. Been there, done that. I even miss it a bit Smile
Give him a high five from me...
constant is change...
(01-20-2020, 01:00 PM)Tigero Wrote: Ach.. Enjoying of beeing cunt.. Been there, done that. I even miss it a bit Smile
Give him a high five from me...

Well, it can be really fun. Like this friend walking into my set, grabbing the girl by the hand and pulling her to the dance floor like a shitfaced staggering orangutan and trying to dance but can't fight the growing pull of gravity... It's something to kill at that moment, but makes a great story afterwards and no hard feelings. But if this keeps repeating, it just makes him a bad wing, regardless of our friendship.
Went out with a friend from work yesterday, with a serious approach plan.

Funny how quickly one forgets all the positive reference experiences from the past and all the knowledge and skills he acquired. I was struggling with some dark thoughts recently, feeling like a failure, and this winging last night opened up the fact to me that I'm now living in a different reality than most people, and that I actually managed to create that reality. My friend says "no women around" - I do not listen, keep scanning, find a set. My friend says "they're not interested", I just see a shit test, pass it and get a number. My friend ejects the set at the very first instance of feeling bad, I'm willing to keep plowing. At one point we were very close to bouncing two chicks at my place - it was completely clear to me, but completely invisible to him.

What's important is that we was very cooperative and would listen to my advice, him being noob was not such a big deal. A thing one should avoid are men who are more invested into their blue pill world of avoidance and ego protection than the willingness to succeed. They might think they're your friend but will drag you down to the bottom of their sea of despair.
I have had the same wing for a few years. Through careful analyzation I have come to learn this guy is a fibber when it comes to lays. Not much has improved since he first began. I put up with him but the thought of finding a completely new guy is almost worse working through those beginner issues. Its almost like you need to get compensated to bring a new guy out because it is mentally draining.