Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Natural Bodybuilding
I´ve been lifting for 17 years now (I`m 38) and have managed to achieve a decent physique, drug free, weighing around 225 lbs at around 8% bodyfat.
I wish I had known what I know now about training, nutrition and natural supplements back when I started.  Would surely have saved me a lot of time and effort.
Hit me up if you want some advice.
I´m very interested in learning about investing in the global stock market.
(10-21-2019, 09:46 PM)Ayahuasquero_Brasileiro Wrote: I´ve been lifting for 17 years now (I`m 38) and have managed to achieve a decent physique, drug free, weighing around 225 lbs at around 8% bodyfat.
I wish I had known what I know now about training, nutrition and natural supplements back when I started.  Would surely have saved me a lot of time and effort.
Hit me up if you want some advice.
I´m very interested in learning about investing on the global stock market.

Welcome! You will be a valuable addition to the forum.  Hope you enjoy your time here.  Wink Smile
Do you actually want to make progress with your goals : aesthetic, business, women, fitness?  Check out the Secret Society VIP Members Club.
Check it out
I’m very intrested.
Im doing 5x5 stronglifts for 3m now and i know its time to change plan.
But its need to be short and simple, because i cannot aquire more time for gym the about 1h per 2 days.
Im also 38 but going from 125kg (well i have metric system) to 92kg now.

Maby some calisthenics?

I dont know what i can offer in return right now, But Im sure we will find sth.
constant is change...
I´ll write a post later in the week that will be a short guide to training, nutrition and supplementation that will make things easier for pretty much everybody who wants results.
(10-22-2019, 09:07 PM)Ayahuasquero_Brasileiro Wrote: I´ll write a post later in the week that will be a short guide to training, nutrition and supplementation that will make things easier for pretty much everybody who wants results.

Great stuff mate! Nice!  Wink Smile
Do you actually want to make progress with your goals : aesthetic, business, women, fitness?  Check out the Secret Society VIP Members Club.
Check it out
(10-22-2019, 06:35 PM)Tigero Wrote: I’m very intrested.
Im doing 5x5 stronglifts for 3m now and i know its time to change plan.
But its need to be short and simple, because i cannot aquire more time for gym the about 1h per 2 days.
Im also 38 but going from 125kg (well i have metric system) to 92kg now.

Maby some calisthenics?

I dont know what i can offer in return right now,  But Im sure we will find sth.

Firstly, well done on your weight loss.

I don't know if you're still cutting but 5x5 is tough if you're not consuming enough calories. If you are still cutting I suggest you lower volume.

My opinion (assuming you're still cutting): Your body could do with a break, l

1. Do 3x5 of compound movements training at 70% of 1 rep max, on final set do as many reps as possible (AMRAP)
2. Do hypertrophy reps 3x10 on accessories, you know, dumbbell chest press, lat pull downs, leg extensions/curls
3. If you think it's getting too easy just slowly increase weights by 2.5kg - see how you go

If you really wanted to keep up training for strength then consider 5/3/1 training, basically pyramiding.

But I suggest a deload after 12 weeks of 5x5.
Here's my training schedule and thoughts on fitness and wellbeing. When i first started working out i was having in mind a shredded body and lots of girls next to me ?. Obviously that's not the case, but i was working out 5 days a week while working and had to travel by car for 20 minutes to go to the gym. Seeing that i was spending lots of money and energy only for the gym it doesnt cut it for me unless you are profiting from that, so i quit working out. After about six months later casually reading on the internet and i find out that you don't actually have to workout 5 or 6 days a week, instead you can visit the gym only 3 times a week and have the body you want with the help of good nutrition. I now workout 3 times a week only with compoud movements like deadlifts, incline bench press, standing barbell press, squats, dumbell curls and skull crushers for the arms.

I have two workout plans which i change like so for example: Monday (Workout A), Tuesday is rest, Wednesday (Workout B), Thursday is rest, Friday (Workout A), Saturday and Sunday is rest.

Workout A:
Incline bench press 3x8
Standing press 3x8
Dumbell flyes 3x12
Skull crushers 3x12
Calf raises 3x15

Workout B:
Pull ups 3x8 with weight on
Conventional deadlifts 3x6
Squats 3x6
Barbell or dumbell curls 3x12.

Keep in mind that on these workout plans, i train heavy on all the sets to simulate muscle growth (hypertrophy). I would not call this style of training bodybuilding or powerlifting. Just sculpting body slowly in the way i want to.
All right, so here´s the summary of what I´ve learned about natural BB over the 17 years I´ve been lifting.
I´m a big fan of Vince Gironda (a bodybuilder and trainer from the 60s-90s) and I follow a lot of his ideas.

TRAINING:

It´s best to train every other day. This allows a day of recovery between sessions, which as a natural you will need for muscle growth.
I´ve found it´s impossible to grow your muscles if you don´t have rest days.
Your rest days should be tranquil, with no hard physical effort. Light walking, etc is permitted.
You should aim to go to bed always before 10 PM.
Muscular development is much quicker if you go to sleep early and rise with the sun, following the cycles of nature.

During workout days you´re allowed to train 2 or 3 times a day, always keeping your sessions up to 45-50 mins max.
Training sessions should be short and intense.

Variation is key. It´s important to change your training routine every week.
That will prevent stagnation and will provide ever different stimuli for your muscles to grow.
An idea is to have several training routines (10 to 20 is fine) written down, using different strategies, exercises, reps and sets and perform each of them every week.
When you reach the last, just repeat the cycle.

NUTRITION

Needless to say, always go for foods that support and stimulate testosterone production and avoid estrogenic ones like soy and flax seeds.
Always go organic and non-GMO.
A great place to find good foods is your local farmer´s market.

Here´s a list of ideas: organic fertilized eggs, oysters, oily fish like salmon and sardines, garlic, onions, chilli peppers, oats, pineapple, watermelon, banana, extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, fatty red meat, honey, cocoa, ginger, cow liver and organ meats, brazil nuts and walnuts

When trying to gain muscle mass or on maintenance phase, always eat plenty of carbs.
I´ve found that having a high carb/high fat diet is best for hormonal production and muscle growth.
Also, go for intermittent fasting (16/8), as it will allow you to eat at a caloric surplus and you will grow your muscles without increasing your bodyfat percentage.
This is one of the big secrets I´ve found, since eating every 3 hours at a caloric surplus will always lead you to gain bodyfat along with muscle size.
Somehow, someway, intermittent fasting allows you to gain fat free muscle. Yay!

When trying to reduce bodyfat, I´ve found eating every 3 hours is best while at a caloric deficit.
It´s wise to intercalate 1 high calorie/high carb day every 3 or 4 days, as this will prevent your body from adapting to a calorie restricted diet and stop burning body fat.
When you do have your high calorie/high carb day, simply go back to using intermittent fasting, as this will prevent your body from storing bodyfat even at a caloric surplus.
During your cutting phase, I prefer to lift weights for 3-4 days straight while on the calorie restricted diet, and then have 1 rest day during which I eat a high calorie/high carb diet using intermittent fasting (16/8).

You will find it´s easy to reach 12-15% bodyfat for most people.
Unless you are naturally lean, it will be very difficult to reach the single digits in bodyfat on diet and training alone.
Most athletes use steroids to get ripped, but there is a supplement that is a real game changer and will allow you to drop down to 6-8% bodyfat, slowly but surely.

SUPPLEMENTATION

Ginger, garlic and onions will increase your natural testosterone production if eaten daily. Eat them raw.
Supplementing with zinc and magnesium will also support testosterone production.
You can also use testosterone boosters that are the closest thing to natural steroids. You will feel an increase in strength, libido, muscle mass, as well as a mood improvement after a few days of use.
What I do is use each of them for 2 weeks (5 days on, 2 days off).

Ex:
Tongkat Ali + Horny Goat Weed for 2 weeks (5 days on, 2 days off)
Butea Superba + Black Ginger for 2 weeks (5 days on, 2 days off)
Pine pollen tincture + pine pollen powder + nettle root extract for 2 weeks (5 days on, 2 days off)

Spagyric oil of gold will act as a general tonic, improving mood and increasing strength. You can drink 3-5 drops daily, always dissolved in water. 5 days on, 2 days off is a smart move.

Spagyric oil of iron will burn body fat almost instantaneously. This is the secret supplement I mentioned earlier.
This is the best fat burner I´ve ever known about, and will allow you to reach and maintain 6-8% bodyfat without resorting to steroid use.
The trick is that you will get lean slowly.
Let me explain.
First, it is necessary to reach 12-15% bodyfat on training and diet alone before resorting to the spagyric oil of iron.
Then, you will start using it one day per month. This is necessary because the body adapts to the fat burning properties of the oil of iron very quickly, so you must allow an interval of 30 days before using it again.
What I do is drink 3 drops of spagyric oil of iron dissolved in a glass of water AFTER each one of my meals.
When you wake up the next day you will realize you´re leaner and more cut.

This is a very concise summary of the system I´ve put together with practical experience.
I´m available for those who want to swap skills.
Very detailed explanation man. This post is gold and i thank you for that.

One thing i would ask, eventhough i've heard about intermittent fasting a lot, and as far as i know, you consume all your calories in an 8 hour window, how you personally do that?
(10-28-2019, 06:11 PM)millz47 Wrote: Very detailed explanation man. This post is gold and i thank you for that.

One thing i would ask, eventhough i've heard about intermittent fasting a lot, and as far as i know, you consume all your calories in an 8 hour window, how you personally do that?

Easy.
I eat 3 meals from midday to 8 PM: lunch, brunch and dinner.
Big meals fit for Conan the Barbarian.
(10-28-2019, 03:22 PM)Ayahuasquero_Brasileiro Wrote: All right, so here´s the summary of what I´ve learned about natural BB over the 17 years I´ve been lifting.
I´m a big fan of Vince Gironda (a bodybuilder and trainer from the 60s-90s) and I follow a lot of his ideas.

TRAINING:

It´s best to train every other day.  This allows a day of recovery between sessions, which as a natural you will need for muscle growth.
I´ve found it´s impossible to grow your muscles if you don´t have rest days.
Your rest days should be tranquil, with no hard physical effort.  Light walking, etc is permitted.
You should aim to go to bed always before 10 PM.
Muscular development is much quicker if you go to sleep early and rise with the sun, following the cycles of nature.

During workout days you´re allowed to train 2 or 3 times a day, always keeping your sessions up to 45-50 mins max.
Training sessions should be short and intense.

Variation is key.  It´s important to change your training routine every week.
That will prevent stagnation and will provide ever different stimuli for your muscles to grow.
An idea is to have several training routines (10 to 20 is fine) written down, using different strategies, exercises, reps and sets and perform each of them every week.
When you reach the last, just repeat the cycle.

NUTRITION

Needless to say, always go for foods that support and stimulate testosterone production and avoid estrogenic ones like soy and flax seeds.
Always go organic and non-GMO.
A great place to find good foods is your local farmer´s market.

Here´s a list of ideas: organic fertilized eggs, oysters, oily fish like salmon and sardines, garlic, onions, chilli peppers, oats, pineapple, watermelon, banana, extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, fatty red meat, honey, cocoa, ginger, cow liver and organ meats, brazil nuts and walnuts

When trying to gain muscle mass or on maintenance phase, always eat plenty of carbs.
I´ve found that having a high carb/high fat diet is best for hormonal production and muscle growth.
Also, go for intermittent fasting (16/8), as it will allow you to eat at a caloric surplus and you will grow your muscles without increasing your bodyfat percentage.
This is one of the big secrets I´ve found, since eating every 3 hours at a caloric surplus will always lead you to gain bodyfat along with muscle size.
Somehow, someway, intermittent fasting allows you to gain fat free muscle.  Yay!

When trying to reduce bodyfat, I´ve found eating every 3 hours is best while at a caloric deficit.
It´s wise to intercalate 1 high calorie/high carb day every 3 or 4 days, as this will prevent your body from adapting to a calorie restricted diet and stop burning body fat.
When  you do have your high calorie/high carb day, simply go back to using intermittent fasting, as this will prevent your body from storing bodyfat even at a caloric surplus.
During your cutting phase, I prefer to lift weights for 3-4 days straight while on the calorie restricted diet, and then have 1 rest day during which I eat a high calorie/high carb diet using intermittent fasting (16/8).

You will find it´s easy to reach 12-15% bodyfat for most people.
Unless you are naturally lean, it will be very difficult to reach the single digits in bodyfat on diet and training alone.
Most athletes use steroids to get ripped, but there is a supplement that is a real game changer and will allow you to drop down to 6-8% bodyfat, slowly but surely.

SUPPLEMENTATION

Ginger, garlic and onions will increase your natural testosterone production if eaten daily.  Eat them raw.
Supplementing with zinc and magnesium will also support testosterone production.
You can also use testosterone boosters that are the closest thing to natural steroids.  You will feel an increase in strength, libido, muscle mass, as well as a mood improvement after a few days of use.
What I do is use each of them for 2 weeks (5 days on, 2 days off).

Ex:
Tongkat Ali + Horny Goat Weed for 2 weeks (5 days on, 2 days off)
Butea Superba + Black Ginger for 2 weeks (5 days on, 2 days off)
Pine pollen tincture + pine pollen powder + nettle root extract for 2 weeks (5 days on, 2 days off)

Spagyric oil of gold will act as a general tonic, improving mood and increasing strength.  You can drink 3-5 drops daily, always dissolved in water.  5 days on, 2 days off is a smart move.

Spagyric oil of iron will burn body fat almost instantaneously.  This is the secret supplement I mentioned earlier.
This is the best fat burner I´ve ever known about, and will allow you to reach and maintain 6-8% bodyfat without resorting to steroid use.
The trick is that you will get lean slowly.
Let me explain.
First, it is necessary to reach 12-15% bodyfat on training and diet alone before resorting to the spagyric oil of iron.
Then, you will start using it one day per month.  This is necessary because the body adapts to the fat burning properties of the oil of iron very quickly, so you must allow an interval of 30 days before using it again.
What I do is drink 3 drops of spagyric oil of iron dissolved in a glass of water AFTER each one of my meals.
When you wake up the next day you will realize you´re leaner and more cut.

This is a very concise summary of the system I´ve put together with practical experience.
I´m available for those who want to swap skills.

This is a great post - thanks for doing it man.    Wink .  I wasn't aware you could actually increase test naturally - I thought injections etc was the only way (which seems dangerous to me)..
Check it out
Dude. This is amazing info. Thanks so much for sharing and taking the time to do so.
Yep! Props!
Now I've got a clue of a cause of my "low desire" problem, I eat flax and flax oil almost everyday. I have cut off garlic and ginger, following some Ayurweda advice to lower my inner fire... Guess it goes to low Smile

Also having such a variation on trening plans is a good idea, but for now its a lots of work to do.
Thx man!
constant is change...
(10-30-2019, 02:04 PM)Tigero Wrote: Yep! Props!
Now I've got a clue of a cause of my "low desire" problem, I eat flax and flax oil almost everyday. I have cut off garlic and ginger, following some Ayurweda advice to lower my inner fire... Guess it goes to low Smile

Also having such a variation on trening plans is a good idea, but for now its a lots of work to do.
Thx man!

I´m glad you guys liked it!
Like I said, I´m available for swapping skills.

Tigero, Ayurveda is a fascinating system of medicine, and I´m specially interested in the branches of herbalism, nutrition and alchemy.
However it´s necessary to bear in mind that there´s a tendency to promote a sattvic style of living and eating, which will naturally guide one away from sexual urges.
That means that a lot of the foods and herbs will drown your libido, even though they can promote health in general.
One example is ashwagandha, which is a great overall tonic and anti-aging herb, but will neutralize sex drive and make a person more tranquil and monk like.
Yep! Again! Ashwaganda on daily opeeration. Also I’m also 38 yo, that is to your post about lower drive...
Now it all makes a perfect sens.

I guess was led by good advice of bodybuilders but they are also blue Pill
Guys,

But what else have the same Effect as Ashwa, and dosent numbs you that much?

So, im starting my split this weekend, but following your advice i will be doing my 5x5 once a week and systematycly adding new working plans/days.

Ideal for me would be a 15 different workout days with aprox 1h of trening. Low cardio, High powerlifting - that what I feal Im good at right.
So that i will heve whole month of trenings planed.
For me hardest part in this is to put it on my JEFIT app, and just follow.

Thanks Man for having you here Wink
constant is change...